4/14/2011

Movie review: World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles

I'm not really into Alien-meet-human kind of movie. E.T. (The Extra Terrestrial,1982) was the last alien movie I saw and it's only because Drew Barrymore was there.
But out of boredom and insomniac last night, with instant pancit canton and a liter of Mountain dew,in a lazy couch,I joined my sister watching the World Invasion: Battle Los Angeles.




The story line:
Los Angeles and other cities around the world are being bombarded by meteors that seem to be slowing down once they hit the earth's atmosphere. The earth is suddenly being invaded by space aliens that have landed off the shore of LA, and who begin killing everybody along the beach. The military is ordered into action. Marine Staff Sergeant Nantz (Aaron Eckhart), who was about to retire, is reassigned to a new platoon. The platoon, flown by chopper to the forward operating base at Santa Monica Airport, is being led by a new 2nd Lt. Martinez (Ramon Rodriguez). They are sent on a mission to rescue some civilians who are trapped at the police station within alien territory. They only have 3 hours to complete their mission and get out before the Air Force bombs that zone.


Since I'm a spoiler:


I wonder, since aliens are after the water because they're using it for fuel.Why invade the cities at all? If they are after the water, they can just suck all the water off the oceans. They can just invade Hawaii or one of the oceans and not touch the cities at all.


In the tunnel scene, the team enters at night, but coming out of the tunnel it is full daylight outside.


These intelligent aliens have advanced laser weapons, but they can hardly hit their target, (marines in this platoon),whereas  marines were killing them left and right. 


The base of all Aliens, that is soo unbelievably huge got killed by one shot. cool.


☺☺☺☺☺☺ out  of 10.
Rated PG-13 for sustained and intense sequences of war violence and destruction, and for language.


Okay so, war movies is not a war movie without Michelle Rodriguez.



I guess that's one main reason why I decided to finish the movie trough out.
After all the side comments, it's still worth watching on a dateless night. 



5 comments:

Ellen ♥ said...

Hello! Nice Review :) Will watch it @ home maybe. hahaha! :D

I like the term of "dateless night" :D

have a nice day! :D

ellenreviews.blogspot.com

jonathan said...

Watched this movie two nights ago and it was a bore for the first 20 minutes then I was glued to me seat. But the thing is, I have been guessing and questioning things throughout. We should just watch it and enjoy, ha,ha,ha.

Ar-Ar Malalis said...

Ellen- nako, if u have any other choice! i-least to the lists mo na lng tong movie na ito! hahah

Jonathan- Same here.. mag tatanong at magtatanong ka talaga all trough out the movie!

Hazel said...

ohh michelle rodriguez! i guess that's one reason to see this movie! i'm a fan of hers! hahaha :))

Ellen ♥ said...

Anne! :) I have twitter account na! haha! (achievement?) haha! :D following you now. hope you'll follow me too. :) twitter.com/ellenreviews

ellenreviews.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails